The Saskatchewan Trucking Association (STA) is an advocate for the truck transport industry in the province of Saskatchewan, Canada. A membership driven, not-for-profit organization, the STA has been representing truck transport in Saskatchewan since 1937.
Acting on behalf of the industry, the STA lobbies and liaisons with the Provincial government on matters such as compliance, deregulation, safety and training. Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, the STA's membership represents about 75% of the rolling stock in the province.
The STA holds eight seats with the National lobbyist group, the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA). The CTA is considered by governments and media to be on of the most effective trade groups in the country. The Canadian Trucking Alliance is a federation of provincial trucking associations. It represents a broad cross-section of the trucking industry—some 4,500 carriers, owner-operators and industry suppliers.
In addition to being apart of the CTA Board of Directors, the STA is affiliated with the BC Trucking Association, Alberta Motor Transport Association, Manitoba Trucking Association, Ontario Trucking Association, Quebec Trucking Association and the Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association. The STA also meets periodically with the North Dakota Motor Transport Association and the Motor Carriers of Montana Association to discuss matters of common interest.
About Our Values
They are the guiding principles that drive and motivate us, help us achieve our corporate goals, and shape our future direction. They define the way we work and are the first point of reference for our recruitment and performance management processes.
- ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY: We are committed to conducting our business in a knowledgeable way ensuring our practices are collaborative, transparent, flexible, supportive, and accountable
- SAFETY: We will focus on promoting and ensuring the highest level of safety and high quality services to all facets of our operations
- ETHICAL: We will always promote the highest behavioral and ethical standards
- COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE: We will constantly strive to improve our performance through a commitment to excellence across all our areas of operation
- COMMUNITY AND PARTNERSHIPS: We will actively seek, develop, and enhance partnerships with government, industry institutions, commercial groups, and the public to achieve our goals. We focus on building and maintaining effective internal and external exchange in order to communicate effectively with our stakeholders
- INNOVATION: We are committed to developing an organization that is innovative in the areas of strategic priority
- DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATION: We will ensure that we offer a wide variety of opportunities for driver, operators, leaders, administrators, and volunteers to access education and professional development
- INCLUSIVENESS: Our trucking and transport community is inclusive to all persons