2017 Golf Classic
August 31, 2017 in Warman, SK
The STA Golf Classic is a favored industry event that nearly sells out year after year. The event is an opportunity for industry suppliers and trucking company executives and representatives to network relax and form new relationships. The event rotates its location to courses near to Regina and Saskatoon to ensure that all Members get a chance to participate. 2017 was one of the biggest years for the Golf Classic, with sponsorship selling out early. The event raises funds for STA operations throughout the year, the STA scholarship fund and often includes holes dedicated to provincial charitable organizations. There is always a much-coveted hole-in-one prize that changes every year.
The 2017 Golf Classic was held at the Legends in Warman Saskatchewan. The 2018 Golf Classic will be held at a location close to Regina.
We would like to thank all those who participated in our Annual Golf Classic. Whether you golfed, sponsored the event or helped with the tournament, please know that you are greatly appreciated.
- Closest to the Pin Award went to Kris Walton
- Lonest Putt Award went to Jay Solvason
- Straightest Drive Award went to Clay Dowling
- There was not a winner of the $25,000 Hole-In-One
- The Most Honest Team was entered by Cervus Equipment Peterbilt with a score of 74
- The 2017 Golf Classic Champion Team was entered by Custom Truck Sales Inc. with a score of 59
Thanks Again to our Sponsors:
- SGI Canada, our Presenting Sponsor and dinner sponsor
- Winacott Equipment Group for lunch
- Q-Line Trucking for their sponsorship of the 19th Hole (drinks after golfing)
- Fountain Tire for their sponsorship of the golf carts
- Cummins Sales and Service for sponsoring the participant prizes
- Kal Tire for sponsoring prizes for the winning team
- Mack Trucks Canada for sponsoring the door prizes (and providing prizes)
- Frontline Truck and Trailer for providing prizes
- Bison Transport for providing prizes
- $25,000 Hole-in-one sponsored by HAL Insurance
- Thanks Ritchie Bros., Trailer Wizards & Ryder Truck for holding some extra games on the course
- Thanks to all the Hole Sponsors: Advance Engineered Products Group, Astro Towing, AFI Distribution Group, Barry’s Transport (1986) Ltd., Custom Truck Sales Inc., Cummins Sales and Service, GroupHealth Benefit Solutions, Husky Energy, Kal Tire, Mack Trucks Canada, R & R Tires, RDK Transportation Group, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Ryder Truck, Siemens Transportation Group Inc., T & T Group of Companies, Trailer Wizards, Virtus Group, Volvo Trucks Canada