Class 1 Owner/Operator
Posted: Feb 07, 2022
Apply by Mar 31, 2022
Number of Jobs: 3
Reporting to the Transportation Manager, the Class 1 Owner/Operator (ICA) is responsible for the delivery of fresh and frozen products to Sysco customers. ICA’s are required to process documents accurately, follow road safety rules, and provide professional customer service.
· Deliver customer orders as per established routes and schedules.
· Maintaining daily trip log
· Adhering to all Sysco Preferred Work Methods and Standard Operating Procedures
· Understanding, upholding, and complying with Sysco’s Policies and Procedures
Compensation and Benefits:
· Opportunity for annual income exceeding $150,000 depending on route and schedule assignment
· Be home every night – all routes return home the same day within legal hours
· Routes are paid by kilometers, cases delivered, and stops
· Consistent work. ICAs are paid on a bi-weekly basis
· Pay adjustments for rising fuel costs
· Class 1 Driver’s License with a Driver’s Abstract with less than 3 demerit points and clean criminal record
· Minimum of 1 year experience driving tractor trailer or straight truck
· Must have Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) coverage in accordance with the owner/operator model and number of personnel that will be working for your business
· Must have business license, GST number
· Fluent in English – written and oral
· High level of physical exertion is required; repetitive lifting up to 40 kg
Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Its family of products also includes equipment and supplies for the foodservice and hospitality industries. With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Sysco, one of
Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global
corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive
workplace. Join our winning team.For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at
facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
Empowering Women with Transportation Industry Skills
Women Shifting Gears
The STA, YWCA Saskatoon and Saskatchewan Ministry of Immigration and Career Training have launched a pilot-program to encourage more woman to participate in the trucking industry.