Safety, Compliance and Training Officer
Ghost Transportation Services
Posted: May 08, 2023
Apply by Jun 22, 2023
Number of Jobs: 1
Ghost Transportation Services is a well-established, locally owned company, with over 35 years in the transportation industry. We are seeking an individual with excellent communication skills to fill the role of Safety, Compliance and Training Officer.
The Safety, Compliance and Training Officer is responsible for organizing and maintaining all company safety programs, as well as ensuring the company is operating in a safe manner while adhering to all legal requirements/restrictions. They will also be responsible for ensuring proper training is provided to all employees to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary of essential job functions
o Accident Prevention/Response/Investigation/Reporting
o Ministry of Transportation and US DOT Regulation Compliance
o Head OHS Committee
· Driver Support
o E-logs and GPS Support
o Review HOS to ensure compliance
o Training and Orientation
o Assist drivers with questions
o Training and Orientation
· Asset Support
o Monitor driver pre-trip and post trip reports
o Work in close liaison with the Fleet Manager to report equipment/driver issues
· Grade 12 Education
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Transportation Safety and/or Training
· Class 1A License holders will be prioritized
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of DOT, Federal/Provincial Motor Carrier regulations
· Driving experience preferred
· Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
· Great problem solving skills
· Ability to teach and mentor drivers
· Ability to interpret and explain regulations, rules and policies/procedures to others
· Ability to learn new skills and apply them
· Must be able to deal with opposition to viewpoint
· Good Computer skills
· Good organizational skills
· Must be a team player
Ghost Transportation Services, Your Partner with Spirit!
Ghost Transportation Services has been offering one stop logistics solutions to customers locally and around the world since 1987. Based in Saskatoon, we also have locations in Winnipeg and Toronto. Trust us with your transportation, warehousing and distribution challenges and allow us to turn them into value added opportunities!
How to Apply
Do you need a solution to reduce your work place injuries & illnesses?
Trucking Industry Certificate of Recognition
Are you looking to provide your employees with new skills? Is having a safe and employee-friendly workplace part of your company culture? The Trucking Industry Certificate of Recognition (CoR) is an industry-evaluated health & safety program recognized by the WCB and Work Safe Saskatchewan.