Transportation Supervisor - Regina
Posted: May 26, 2022
Apply by Jun 10, 2022
Number of Jobs: 1
The purpose of this job is to oversee, coordinate and ensure the efficient and timely delivery of Sysco products to customers by Sysco Delivery Associates (DAs), or Contractors (where applicable).
· Manage Delivery Associates. Assign, schedule, and coordinate staff. Train, resolve problems, and provide open communication. Assist in the hiring of DAs as required. Facilitate regular communication meetings and problem-solving sessions. Maintain positive and supportive relations with DAs.
· Oversee and ensure compliance with all government regulations relating to transportation and safety including MOT, OHS and EPA requirements.
· Coordinate training and orientation for new Drivers.
· Communicate and administer Company programs, policies and procedures.
· Track and monitor the results of DA’s performance versus established metrics.
· Investigate accidents/damages.
· Participate in trouble shooting and problem-solving issues related to DA questions and product deliveries.
· Ensure the safety and quality of all products both inbound and outbound as they relate to HAACP requirements.
· Work with Sales to identify customer requirements, including addressing delivery concerns, customer special needs such as night drops, vehicle constraints, dock issues, etc.
· Conducting regular audits and review adherence to established requirements.
· Work closely with Warehouse operations with regards to safe loading requirements, safe transportation of goods, etc.
· Assist in maximizing efficiencies of Roadnet routing system.
· Accountable for the accuracy of timecards, approvals and scheduling of direct reports.
· If applicable, understand and interpret the CBA, participate in grievance, mediation, arbitration procedures at unionized facilities.
· Responsible for compliance with all Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) comprising Sysco’s Food Safety Program, specific for the assigned role.
· Assist Food Safety Program Manager in ensuring compliance to Sysco’s Food Safety Program that leads to compliance with third party certification and customer requirements.
· Understands that their role is critical in creating a safe organization with minimal environmental impact and the value that brings to the organization.
· Is willing to drive Environmental, Health and Safety performance by acting as an example and holding their team accountable to complying with EHS programs, policies, and requirements.
· Enable, champion and embrace an inclusive culture
· Develop and support high performing talent through hiring, scheduling, performance coaching, and career management practices
· Facilitate establishment of clear performance goals; Ensure that performance goals adapt to changing business demands; Identify and manage non-performers in a fair and timely way; Identify and reward top performance; links pay and performance through base, incentive, and recognition programs
· Present oneself in a manner that demonstrates executive maturity, professionalism, trust, confidence, and integrity.
· Communicates broadly and frequently the company's vision, direction, goals, performance against plan, changes, and expectations through participation in department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and informal conversations with associates
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Associate Resource Groups
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)
· Minimum three (3) years of work experience is required.
· 3+ years of experience working in a transportation or distribution role with supervisory experience is preferred.
· A High School Diploma is required.
· Any relevant training in the transportation and distribution profession along with any additional continuing education in industry topics is a plus.
· Preferred training and certifications are; Class 1 (AZ in Ontario) Driver’s license, HAACP, MOT, TDG, WHMIS, Health and Safety, PDIC, Smith System defensive driving.
· Travel (overnight and single day) to certain locations within the company’s service area will be required. Overnight travel would be required on an infrequent basis. Frequent local travel same day trips.
Sysco connects the world to share food and care for one another. Sysco leads from the heart of food and service to deliver the freshest foods and fresh ideas. Our customers can count on us to deliver on-point products and solutions since only Sysco is the global leader, sitting at the heart of innovation supply, delivery, culinary and more.
With over 69,000 associates, the company operates more than 320 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 650,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2019 that ended June 29, 2019, the company generated sales of more than $60 billion.
Connecting the world to share food and care for one another
Delivering success for our customers through industry-leading people, products, and solutions
Together we define our future of foodservice and supply chain
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
How to Apply
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers