Safe Driving Award Program
The STA has administered this program since 1952. This is a program that recognizes drivers for their safety performance. We appreciate the people in our industry that make driving their occupation. From the icy road conditions in the winter, to the city and highway driving all year round, many drivers are fortunate to not have any accidents.
How the Program Works:
- Either the employer or an individual driver can submit an application for a driver who meets the eligibility requirements
- Employers can check their records and sign the employer portion with declaration that the applicant has been employed for the stated period of time and that the information contained in the application is true and accurate
- Those companies who have several employees in the system can send a list of eligible drivers with their PIC numbers - all new drivers will need to complete an application form
- Individuals can complete an application and have their employer complete and sign the Employer Information portion of the form
- The application should be accompanied with appropriate payment (please refer to the Fee Schedule) - employers that are members of the STA may be invoiced upon request
For each single year award, participants receive:
- A single pin for that year - for example, after December 31, 2017, the STA will order pins for 2017 Safe Driving Awards to be awarded in 2018
- A personalized certificate for that year
For each milestone year award, participants receive:
- The single pin for that year as described above
- The single pin for the milestone - for example, Year 5 or Year 50
- A personalized certificate for that milestone award
- An optional gift - only if that additional cost has been paid (or approved for invoicing) - for example, for 2017, the 40 Year recipient may purchase and receive an engraved watch
2017 Fee Structure
To participate in the program, please complete an application form and forward the required amount from the fee structure chart:
|Category||Member Cost||Non-Member Cost||Award|
|Each Registered Driver||$11.25||$16.50||Pin and Certificate|
|5 Year Award||+ $22.50||+ $29.00||Safety Tool TBD|
|10 Year Award||+ $22.50||+ $29.00||Safety Tool TBD|
|15 Year Award||+ $22.50||+ $29.00||Safety Tool TBD|
|20 Year Award||+ $39.00||+ $49.00||Safety Tool TBD|
|25 Year Award||+ $39.00||+ $49.00||Safety Tool TBD|
|30 Year Award||+ $200.00||+ $245.00||Engraved Watch|
|35 Year Award||+ $215.00||+ $260.00||Engraved Watch|
|40 Year Award||+ $255.00||+ $300.00||Engraved Watch|
|45 Year Award||+ $310.00||+ $360.00||Engraved Watch|
|50 Year Award||+ $360.00||+ $410.00||Engraved Watch|
Awards subject to change without notice. In order to receive the member cost rate, you must be employed by a company that is a member of the Saskatchewan Trucking Association.
Application submissions and any inquiries may be submitted to email@example.com or phone (306) 569-9696.
- Applicants must have driven a commercial vehicle not less than 50,000 km and have worked no less than seven (7) months during the calendar year without being in a preventable accident.
- You are not eligible if your licence has been revoked or suspended for any reason.
- Where an applicant has been involved in an accident which they feel was not preventable, a committee will determine eligibility based upon the information provided in the Accident Declaration section of the application form. The committee’s decision will be final.
Each year, a pin is designed and manufactured for that particular year.
Additionally, pins have been created for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 & 50 year awards. Recently, we have decided to add a 55 year award.
Broken pins will be replaced at no charge if the face of the pin is returned to our office. You cannot return excess pins that you have purchased.
Some drivers have been collecting the pins for a very long time - in some cases 50 years or more!
Presenting The Awards
As the employer, you present the pins along with the certificates and any milestone awards to the employees who have earned them. Employers are welcome to present the awards in any manner they see as appropriate. For example, some employers already have a process such as an awards banquets.
Individuals will simply receive their package in the mail. The STA does not have an awards banquet for this purpose.