TRANSPORT CAREER OPPORTUNITIESSaskatchewan Trucking Association
Transportation Industry Careers
Looking for a career in the trucking industry?
The trucking industry provides a wide variety of career opportunities all across Saskatchewan. From entry level to experienced, there is a place for everyone with every skill set. From sales roles to dispatchers to truck drivers, trucking in Saskatchewan provides thousands of jobs. All posted positions are with Saskatchewan Trucking Association Member companies.
Current Career Opportunities Available
Client Service Coordinator
The Client Services position at HAL Insurance is a key role within the organization as you are the face of our company to our internal and external clients. The position also includes administrative support function with the primary focus on our Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) as well as supporting our other business units CTCI and the Saskatchewan Trucking Association Group of Companies as needed.
This position is a Monday to Friday 8:30 am-5:00 pm role, no weekends and all Statutory Holidays off. HAL Insurance offers a competitive salary, group benefits, wellness benefits, three weeks paid vacation, paid sick and personal days.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Site 414, Compartment 5, R.R. #4
Permanent Full Time Class 1A Driver (Saskatoon, SK)
Full time permanent position for a class 1A driver to haul heavy equipment. Preference will be given to those with experience moving heavy equipment and/or operating a winch truck. Hourly pay with opportunity overtime, double time, excellent benefits package, and guaranteed wage.
Applications can be made to Harvey McClelland by email or phone (306.222.3419)
1008 Wellings Road
Gold is our standard in everything we do. As a professional Driver, you deserve the gold lifestyle we provide at Bison.
Based on Driver feedback, Driver’s choose to work at Bison because of the steady miles and flexibility, which are a result of Bison’s size. Bison currently has over 1,400 tractors and 4,000 trailers, which allows many Drivers to average over 12,000 miles a month, yet we are also large enough to have Drivers work one or two days per month if they choose.
We have several opportunities for talented Drivers looking to drive across the border to the U.S.
Why Choose Bison?
- You have the right to decide whether or not it’s safe to drive
- You get support from our 24-7 Dispatch and dedicated Customs teams
- You earn premiums on all U.S. miles
- You enjoy an assigned tractor as a full-time Driver
- You have flexible schedules depending on your location
- You can drive with a passenger/pet
- You benefit from leading-class technology
Isn’t it time you experienced the gold lifestyle at Bison?
1008 Wellings Road
Bison Transport – Mobile Tractor/Trailer Technician (Saskatoon, SK)
We require a skilled, safety focused enthusiastic Mobile Technician to staff our mobile service truck. Bison is committed to being an employer of choice and offers a progressive company culture. Our employees are motivated, respectful and professional in the company’s aggressive pursuit of success. Teamwork is essential in utilizing each other’s strengths and capabilities as we provide quality transportation services to our customers. Your Bison experience will go above and beyond your expectations of the transportation industry.
As the Mobile Technician you will work in conjunction with the Service Coordinator to inspect and complete repairs in our yard support managing mobile inventory and supplies. Expected to be a team player, you will be able to diagnose and repair and effectively communicate these to other members of the Maintenance team. You will possess the ability to provide superior customer service to our drivers; ability to work unsupervised; and thrive for challenge and opportunity. You will also possess the experience and qualifications necessary, to perform top quality service and repairs on Bison’s fleet of modern transport trailers. Experience as a licensed Technician and the willingness to work outside will be key to your success in this position.
- Graduation from a recognized certificate program (ex. Truck and Transport Technician, Heavy Duty Technician), and possess your Journeyman’s certificate will be key to your success in this position.
- Your effective time management and team focus,
- Qualification to perform Safeties are considered an asset in this position.
- Demonstrated diagnosing and time-management abilities will be key to your success in this position
- Ability to provide superior customer service to our drivers
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Flexible health & dental coverage
- Paid Personal Leave Days
- Boot & tool allowance
- Group life Insurance and optional life insurance
- Group disability insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) and optional AD&D
- Education reimbursement program
- Profit sharing
- Referral bonus program
- Career development opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Position is a Monday – Friday Flexible Dayshift
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format on the “Careers” section on our website: https://www.bisontransport.com/careers
Tremcar is the largest family owned manufacturer of tank trailer in North Americat. Its production output includes stainless steel farm pickup tanks trailers, stainless steel chemical tank trailers, stainless steel food grade tank trailers, aluminum dry bulk tank trailers, aluminum petroleum truck mounts, aluminum petroleum trailer, stainless steel and aluminum crude oil/ ethanol tank trailers, aluminum vacuum trailers or hot product/asphalt tank trailers among others.
Tremcar West in Weyburn, SK is looking for a dynamic Service Manager who detains a vast experience in the tank trailer industry. The applicant must have strong leadership skills. The position is for the long-term; Tremcar West is looking for someone devoted to the company and someone who is willing participate in its growth. The service manager has to be customer orientated and be able to find solutions to satisfy both the company and the customer party.
Aptitudes we look for:
- Knowledge of CSA B-620 regulations
- Knowledge with Aluminum and Stainless Steel 406 and 407 barrels to repair and test .
- Knowledge of CMVSS and Saskatchewan Safety Inspections on Semi trailers.
- Knowledge with Aluminum and Stainless steel welding (Mig and Tig) .
- General computer knowledge
- Good communicator: the candidate must be able to deal with customers and employees and stimulate good relations.
- Enforce all company Safety regulations as well as OH&S regulations.
Tremcar offers a very competitive salary and is ready to pay for relocation fees. Candidates must communicate with Darren Williams at email@example.com or by telephone at 306 361-5559
C.S. Day Transport Ltd.
C.S. Day Transport is a family business based in Regina. We specialize in transporting petroleum products and over the years have grown to a fleet of 19 trucks. Our mission is to deliver petroleum products safely, on time, and while providing outstanding customer service. We have operated throughout Western Canada for nearly 80 years.
12222 Ewing Ave #300
Regina, SK S4M 0A1
Phone: (306) 787-4842
Global Transportation Hub
The GTH is Canada’s only self-governing inland port authority. They offer world-class rail and highway infrastructure and are committed to helping each and every one of their clients succeed.
Richards Transport Ltd.
Three generations of family who are dedicated to the trucking industry, Richards Transport has established a proven track record when it comes to moving loads up and down the highway safely and professionally. Richards had made the hauling of oversize loads their area of expertise. Upon request, Richards will provide references with respect to previous jobs that have been completed successfully and claim free. Signing bonus of $3,000.00 payable over 3 years. Top Wages
Somerville Farms (2014) Ltd.
WE ARE GROWING!
We are more than just a fleet of Semi’s and Super B’s and “you” are more than just a Unit number!
At Somerville’s, we have embraced the use of the latest technology including dispatch and log book apps. No more daily check calls, your GPS tracking does it for you. Tired of sitting at the repair shop wasting valuable time? We utilize our in-house mechanics to service our Semi’s while you enjoy time off at home.
Our reputation extends far beyond West Central Saskatchewan. With our recent expansion into the U.S., we are further able to enhance our services offered to our current customers. Our reputation and performance have earned the confidence of our customers.
850 Manitoba Street East
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 0A6
Phone: (306) 692-6478
At Westcan, we dedicate ourselves to delivering complete, customer-driven transportation solutions. Since 1964, our team of industry professionals has worked to build a reputation for safety, on-time delivery, and unparalleled customer service. Staying true to this tradition is what keeps Westcan driving for excellence. We’re currently looking for a Safety Advisor that will be responsible for providing safety support and services to our hauling businesses in the Moose Jaw area.
Three Star Trucking Ltd.
Three Star Trucking Ltd. is a diversified oilfield trucking business servicing western Canada and the Bakken region since 1962. They are currently seeking company drivers and owner-operators and they are offering a signing bonus.
Career Development & Human Resources Tools
Trucking HR Canada
Trucking HR Canada is an industry leader, spearheading collaboration among the stakeholders in the Canadian trucking industry to: Identify Human Resource issues, trends, opportunities and challenges; Support the industry in recruiting and retaining the Human Resources needed to meet industry demand; Partner on initiatives impacting Human Resources for the industry; Provide a national forum for gathering and exchanging knowledge on HR issues, and sharing best practices; AND Promote the trucking industry’s careers.
Canada Saskatchewan Job Grant
The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant (CSJG) is an employer-driven program that provides eligible employers with financial support to train new or existing employees for jobs in their organization. Training can help support a new hire to the organization, result in a new or better job for an existing employee or reduce skills gaps of an employee. The CSJG provides opportunities for unemployed and underemployed workers to train for jobs.
Eligibility Criteria – Employees
- The grant works to support new hires with deficient skills
- A new hire is considered someone the employer tends to employ for a minimum of 600 hours, post-training
- A new hire cannot yet be employed where the training is to occur prior to employment OR one who has been employed 12 months or less from the date of the program application submission
- The Employer must submit one of the following: A conditional offer of employment; and OR letter of employment – this demonstrates commitment
- The grant can be used for existing employees that would result in a new or better job
- A new or better job is: an increase in pay; an increase in hours; and, a promotion/advancement to another position
- Should occur within 6 months of end of training OR have occurred 6 months or less from the date of application
- The grant can be used to reduce the gap of an existing employee
- Trainees must be employees or prospective employees of the employer applying for Canada Saskatchewan Jobs Grant (CSJG). Employers must have a Saskatchewan job for the trainee at the end of training
- Temporary Foreign Workers (TFWs) are ineligible for CSJG funding
- Employers are ineligible to participate as trainees in CSJG training
- Employers and owners applying for the funding for themselves are ineligible
- Any person who will NOT be employed by the employer once training is done is ineligible
- If multiple trainees are taking the same training from the same provider, employer only needs to submit one application
- Employers must pay for training costs up front. Government reimbursement for eligible costs is issued upon completion of training and reporting requirements (FIND THESE REQUIREMENTS)
The Saskatchewan Trucking Association is the leader and voice for truck transport in the province of Saskatchewan. As proactive trusted advisors, the STA is a knowledgeable membership association that represents the collective interests of the truck transport industry through authentic advocacy and education.