WE are TRUCKING | JOB BOARDSaskatchewan Trucking Association
Trucking Industry Careers
Looking for a career in the trucking industry?
The trucking industry provides a wide variety of career opportunities all across Saskatchewan. From entry-level to experienced, there is a place for everyone with every skill set. From sales roles to dispatchers to truck drivers, trucking in Saskatchewan provides thousands of jobs.
All posted trucking careers below are with Saskatchewan Trucking Association Member companies.
Carrier & Supplier Members
If you have any career opportunities available, please let us know.
Current Career Opportunities Available
Business Development Manager
Established in 1937, The Saskatchewan Trucking Association is a Non-Profit membership-based organization that provides advocacy, education, compliance, and safety training to the trucking industry within Saskatchewan.
We are looking to fill a key role within our organization – Business Development, membership management and engagement.
This role reports directly to the Executive Director and is a key position within our organization to meet our Strategic Vision and growth.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in sales and marketing and developing working relationships with existing and new members for growth and retention. A background in Transportation is key to success in this role.
The individual will be responsible for:
- Membership Development and Engagement, creating SMART goals around recruitment and retention
- Researching and finding new target market prospects
- Develop comprehensive sales and marketing strategies for the STA and all its related offerings
- Identify, report and secure new revenue opportunities for membership, products, and training
- Ensure membership communication is developed and accurate
- Attend events in support of membership recruitment and retention
- Participate and oversee committees in support of the STA’s mandate or strategic plan.
- Post Secondary education in marketing and or Business Development with a minimum of 3 years related experience
- Minimum 2 years in Transportation and Logistics
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 and SAGE CRM
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Susan Ewart, Executive Director.
This position can be located within the province of Saskatchewan and will require travel, with your own vehicle. A criminal record check will be performed.
The Saskatchewan Trucking Association head office is in Regina, SK, however, this role can be situated remotely.
Richards Transport Ltd.
Sales Coordinator/Project Management
Is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all transportation orders prior to customer billing. The Dispatch/Sales Coordinator performs various financial, administrative and clerical duties to ensure effective, efficient and accurate administrative operations.
- Work directly with customers and drivers to load and deliver large loads throughout North America.
- Review submitted quotation requests for both large and small jobs and prepare quotes and reply to customers in a timely manner. Monitor and follow-up with all quotes sent out to customers.
- Review transportation orders and gather required information and documentation to accompany orders for billing to customers.
- Manage and approve carriers for freight forwarding, ensuring that adherence to defined requirements is properly documented.
- Review and complete various customer contracts and agreements, including carrier pre-qualifications and assessments.
- Maintain memberships and monitor compliance for various regulatory bodies.
- Manage and obtain appropriate insurance certificates for customers as required.
- Coordinate and track large transportation projects to insure a professional job is done and the customer is satisfied with our service.
- Maintain and track company policies and forms
3-5 years’ work experience in an office environment, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience. Commitment to excellent customer service. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment. Proficiency with Internet applications and Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, and work under pressure.
Salary and Benefits:
Our company has a great benefit package. Salary is competitive to other similar positions in the transportation industry. Wage is based on experience and annual bonus package is available on review of yearly performance.
For further info or to send in your resume please reply to email@example.com
Foam Lake, SK
BHTL Ag Services Ltd.
Based just south of Foam Lake, we work with owner-operators in the prairie provinces hauling primarily grain and grain by-products.
We are proud to provide our customers and drivers with top notch service, utilizing tools such as a user-friendly dispatching app, dash cameras, and GPS tracking, while still maintaining contact through texts and calls for that personal service. If you are an owner-operator looking to work with an exceptional grain hauling team, be sure to reach out as we are continually working toward long term sustainability and growth.
We are proud to offer our customers trustworthy service and look forward to working alongside others of the same caliber.
Site 414, Compartment 5, R.R. #4
Permanent Full Time Class 1A Driver (Saskatoon, SK)
Full time permanent position for a class 1A driver to haul heavy equipment. Preference will be given to those with experience moving heavy equipment and/or operating a winch truck. Hourly pay with opportunity overtime, double time, excellent benefits package, and guaranteed wage.
Applications can be made to Harvey McClelland by email or phone (306.222.3419)
1008 Wellings Road
Gold is our standard in everything we do. As a professional Driver, you deserve the gold lifestyle we provide at Bison.
Based on Driver feedback, Driver’s choose to work at Bison because of the steady miles and flexibility, which are a result of Bison’s size. Bison currently has over 1,400 tractors and 4,000 trailers, which allows many Drivers to average over 12,000 miles a month, yet we are also large enough to have Drivers work one or two days per month if they choose.
We have several opportunities for talented Drivers looking to drive across the border to the U.S.
Why Choose Bison?
- You have the right to decide whether or not it’s safe to drive
- You get support from our 24-7 Dispatch and dedicated Customs teams
- You earn premiums on all U.S. miles
- You enjoy an assigned tractor as a full-time Driver
- You have flexible schedules depending on your location
- You can drive with a passenger/pet
- You benefit from leading-class technology
Isn’t it time you experienced the gold lifestyle at Bison?
1008 Wellings Road
Bison Transport – Mobile Tractor/Trailer Technician (Saskatoon, SK)
We require a skilled, safety focused enthusiastic Mobile Technician to staff our mobile service truck. Bison is committed to being an employer of choice and offers a progressive company culture. Our employees are motivated, respectful and professional in the company’s aggressive pursuit of success. Teamwork is essential in utilizing each other’s strengths and capabilities as we provide quality transportation services to our customers. Your Bison experience will go above and beyond your expectations of the transportation industry.
As the Mobile Technician you will work in conjunction with the Service Coordinator to inspect and complete repairs in our yard support managing mobile inventory and supplies. Expected to be a team player, you will be able to diagnose and repair and effectively communicate these to other members of the Maintenance team. You will possess the ability to provide superior customer service to our drivers; ability to work unsupervised; and thrive for challenge and opportunity. You will also possess the experience and qualifications necessary, to perform top quality service and repairs on Bison’s fleet of modern transport trailers. Experience as a licensed Technician and the willingness to work outside will be key to your success in this position.
- Graduation from a recognized certificate program (ex. Truck and Transport Technician, Heavy Duty Technician), and possess your Journeyman’s certificate will be key to your success in this position.
- Your effective time management and team focus,
- Qualification to perform Safeties are considered an asset in this position.
- Demonstrated diagnosing and time-management abilities will be key to your success in this position
- Ability to provide superior customer service to our drivers
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Flexible health & dental coverage
- Paid Personal Leave Days
- Boot & tool allowance
- Group life Insurance and optional life insurance
- Group disability insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) and optional AD&D
- Education reimbursement program
- Profit sharing
- Referral bonus program
- Career development opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Position is a Monday – Friday Flexible Dayshift
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format on the “Careers” section on our website: https://www.bisontransport.com/careers
Tremcar is the largest family owned manufacturer of tank trailer in North Americat. Its production output includes stainless steel farm pickup tanks trailers, stainless steel chemical tank trailers, stainless steel food grade tank trailers, aluminum dry bulk tank trailers, aluminum petroleum truck mounts, aluminum petroleum trailer, stainless steel and aluminum crude oil/ ethanol tank trailers, aluminum vacuum trailers or hot product/asphalt tank trailers among others.
Tremcar West in Weyburn, SK is looking for a dynamic Service Manager who detains a vast experience in the tank trailer industry. The applicant must have strong leadership skills. The position is for the long-term; Tremcar West is looking for someone devoted to the company and someone who is willing participate in its growth. The service manager has to be customer orientated and be able to find solutions to satisfy both the company and the customer party.
Aptitudes we look for:
- Knowledge of CSA B-620 regulations
- Knowledge with Aluminum and Stainless Steel 406 and 407 barrels to repair and test .
- Knowledge of CMVSS and Saskatchewan Safety Inspections on Semi trailers.
- Knowledge with Aluminum and Stainless steel welding (Mig and Tig) .
- General computer knowledge
- Good communicator: the candidate must be able to deal with customers and employees and stimulate good relations.
- Enforce all company Safety regulations as well as OH&S regulations.
Tremcar offers a very competitive salary and is ready to pay for relocation fees. Candidates must communicate with Darren Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 306 361-5559
C.S. Day Transport Ltd.
C.S. Day Transport is a family business based in Regina. We specialize in transporting petroleum products and over the years have grown to a fleet of 19 trucks. Our mission is to deliver petroleum products safely, on time, and while providing outstanding customer service. We have operated throughout Western Canada for nearly 80 years.
12222 Ewing Ave #300
Regina, SK S4M 0A1
Phone: (306) 787-4842
Global Transportation Hub
The GTH is Canada’s only self-governing inland port authority. They offer world-class rail and highway infrastructure and are committed to helping each and every one of their clients succeed.
Richards Transport Ltd.
Three generations of family who are dedicated to the trucking industry, Richards Transport has established a proven track record when it comes to moving loads up and down the highway safely and professionally. Richards had made the hauling of oversize loads their area of expertise. Upon request, Richards will provide references with respect to previous jobs that have been completed successfully and claim free. Signing bonus of $3,000.00 payable over 3 years. Top Wages
Somerville Farms (2014) Ltd.
WE ARE GROWING!
We are more than just a fleet of Semi’s and Super B’s and “you” are more than just a Unit number!
At Somerville’s, we have embraced the use of the latest technology including dispatch and log book apps. No more daily check calls, your GPS tracking does it for you. Tired of sitting at the repair shop wasting valuable time? We utilize our in-house mechanics to service our Semi’s while you enjoy time off at home.
Our reputation extends far beyond West Central Saskatchewan. With our recent expansion into the U.S., we are further able to enhance our services offered to our current customers. Our reputation and performance have earned the confidence of our customers.
850 Manitoba Street East
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 0A6
Phone: (306) 692-6478
At Westcan, we dedicate ourselves to delivering complete, customer-driven transportation solutions. Since 1964, our team of industry professionals has worked to build a reputation for safety, on-time delivery, and unparalleled customer service. Staying true to this tradition is what keeps Westcan driving for excellence. We’re currently looking for a Safety Advisor that will be responsible for providing safety support and services to our hauling businesses in the Moose Jaw area.
Three Star Trucking Ltd.
Three Star Trucking Ltd. is a diversified oilfield trucking business servicing western Canada and the Bakken region since 1962. They are currently seeking company drivers and owner-operators and they are offering a signing bonus.
Career Development & Human Resources Tools
Trucking HR Canada
Trucking HR Canada is an industry leader, spearheading collaboration among the stakeholders in the Canadian trucking industry to: Identify Human Resource issues, trends, opportunities and challenges; Support the industry in recruiting and retaining the Human Resources needed to meet industry demand; Partner on initiatives impacting Human Resources for the industry; Provide a national forum for gathering and exchanging knowledge on HR issues, and sharing best practices; AND Promote the trucking industry’s careers.
Canada Saskatchewan Job Grant
The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant (CSJG) is an employer-driven program that provides eligible employers with financial support to train new or existing employees for jobs in their organization. Training can help support a new hire to the organization, result in a new or better job for an existing employee or reduce skills gaps of an employee. The CSJG provides opportunities for unemployed and underemployed workers to train for jobs.
Eligibility Criteria – Employees
- The grant works to support new hires with deficient skills
- A new hire is considered someone the employer tends to employ for a minimum of 600 hours, post-training
- A new hire cannot yet be employed where the training is to occur prior to employment OR one who has been employed 12 months or less from the date of the program application submission
- The Employer must submit one of the following: A conditional offer of employment; and OR letter of employment – this demonstrates commitment
- The grant can be used for existing employees that would result in a new or better job
- A new or better job is: an increase in pay; an increase in hours; and, a promotion/advancement to another position
- Should occur within 6 months of end of training OR have occurred 6 months or less from the date of application
- The grant can be used to reduce the gap of an existing employee
- Trainees must be employees or prospective employees of the employer applying for Canada Saskatchewan Jobs Grant (CSJG). Employers must have a Saskatchewan job for the trainee at the end of training
- Temporary Foreign Workers (TFWs) are ineligible for CSJG funding
- Employers are ineligible to participate as trainees in CSJG training
- Employers and owners applying for the funding for themselves are ineligible
- Any person who will NOT be employed by the employer once training is done is ineligible
- If multiple trainees are taking the same training from the same provider, employer only needs to submit one application
- Employers must pay for training costs up front. Government reimbursement for eligible costs is issued upon completion of training and reporting requirements (FIND THESE REQUIREMENTS)
The Saskatchewan Trucking Association is the leader and voice for truck transport in the province of Saskatchewan. As proactive trusted advisors, the STA is a knowledgeable membership association that represents the collective interests of the truck transport industry through authentic advocacy and education.