RESOURCESSaskatchewan Trucking Association
Below is our growing collection of training resources for your career in commercial trucking. If you can’t find information you are looking for, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
National Safety Code
In Canada, regulations governing commercial vehicles, drivers and carriers are based on the Canadian National Safety Code (NSC) standards – minimum performance standards, applying to all persons responsible for the safe operation of commercial vehicles.
- Find the 15 NSC standards here.
Long Combination Vehicles
Memorandum of Understanding:
- Harmonization of Special Permit Conditions for Operation of Turnpike Double Long Combination Vehicles in Western Canada
- Harmonization of Special Permit Conditions for Operation of Rocky Mountain Double Long Combination Vehicles in Western Canada
- Permit for Saskatchewan – Permit Conditions for EEMV/LCV Term Permit
- Task Force on Vehicle Weights and Dimensions Policy – Heavy Truck Weight and Dimension Limits for Inter-provincial Operations in Canada
Hours of Service
- Provincial Regulations | Commercial Vehicles Hours of Service Regulations
- Government of Saskatchewan | Driver’s Guide to Hours of Service
- SGI | Hours of Service Guides
- Federal Regulations | Commercial Vehicle Drivers Hours of Service Regulations
- US Regulations | Hours of Service
Air Brake Manual
SGI – Driving with air brakes safely and responsibly – Air Brake Manual
Transportation Dangerous Goods
- Provincial Regulations | Trip Inspection Regulations
- Trip Inspection Standard | Saskatchewan
- Trip Inspections | SGI
Weights and Dimensions
The Saskatchewan Trucking Association is the leader and voice for truck transport in the province of Saskatchewan. As proactive trusted advisors, the STA is a knowledgeable membership association that represents the collective interests of the truck transport industry through authentic advocacy and education.