Long Combination Vehicles
Commercial Driver Training
Please ensure you have a working microphone and webcam PRIOR to class starting. Tablets and iPads are NOT supported. You will need a desktop or laptop computer
Long Combination Vehicles (LCV’s) are also referred to as Energy Efficient Motor Vehicles (EEMV’s). This course was funded by the Canadian Trucking Research Institute (CTRI) of the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA) and developed by the Alberta and Saskatchewan Trucking Associations.
Starts: Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 9:00 am
Ends: Thursday, September 15, 2022 - 4:30 pm
Location: STA Via Zoom
Seats Available: 14 of 15
Instructor-Led via Video Conference
Student Profile: Drivers
- Valid PDIC
- Must be employed by a company that holds a valid LCV/EEMC permit – copy of permit requested
- Valid Class 1 license with airbrake endorsement
- Clean Driver’s Abstract (within 30 days)
- No driving-related criminal code convictions in the prior 36 months; no more than 2 moving violations in the prior 12 months; and no more than 3 moving violations in the prior 36 months
- Has a minimum of 24 months or 150,000 km of driving experience with articulated vehicles
Language of Instruction: English
You must be an STA Member to request an invoice. Please sign in or become a member to receive this benefit.
Empowering Women with Transportation Industry Skills
Women Shifting Gears
The STA, YWCA Saskatoon and Saskatchewan Ministry of Immigration and Career Training have launched a pilot-program to encourage more woman to participate in the trucking industry.