Equipment Operator (Qu'Appelle Region)
Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways
Posted: Mar 16, 2023
Apply by Mar 30, 2023
Number of Jobs: 1
- Operates and services heavy equipment involved in the preservation and maintenance of roads, highways and/or airports in summer maintenance. Equipment includes, but is not limited to, oil distributor, single and tandem axle trucks, power broom, tractor, grader and front-end loader.
- Perform other duties such as cleaning the shop, culvert maintenance, crack filling and directing traffic.
- Clean up after accidents (e.g. debris, clutter, and animals).
- Keep records and logs (e.g. hours of operation for equipment, repairs, maintenance done to equipment, amounts of material applied to highways, etc.).
- Establish work zones and erect/replace signs.
$24.10 per hour for a 1A operator.
Matched pension, benefits (after 6 months, so if one is offered a position after the term), earned days off every 3 weeks, per diem for travel days.
To qualify for this position, you must hold a valid Class 1A or 3A license (1A preferred).
- Ability to work outdoors under extreme and changing climate conditions.
- Ability to multi-task and willing to perform physical labour, heavy lifting and climbing.
- Ability to perform general and operating tasks.
- Safety conscientious.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours.
- Criminal Record Check (CRC).
- Must have transportation to Qu'Appelle shop
We work with our partners in transportation to ensure travel is safe. Connecting Saskatchewan to the rest of the world is vital to our export-based economy.
How to Apply
To apply please phone Darren Lerat at the number listed, or send him an email.