Loblaw Companies Ltd
LOBLAWS Inc. is seeking professional, career oriented, CDL Drivers (Commercial Drivers’ License) with a minimum of two years of experience for scheduled services lanes from Calgary, Alberta to the USA.
Drivers are responsible for transporting product by road to and from Vendors/Shippers, retail locations and distribution centers to and from the USA (eg. CA, TX, AZ).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivering trailers of product to assigned destinations.
- Pre and Post-trip inspection of truck and trailer.
- Connection and dis-connection of truck and trailer.
- Fueling and proper care of truck.
- Assist with unloading truck where required.
- Maintain care and control of equipment and load.
Successful candidates will be eligible for:
- Flexible health, dental and drug programs.
- DC pension plan.
- Company discount card.
- GRRSP with beneficial management fees.
- Company provided clothing and safety footwear.
- Quarterly safety bonus
- Fantastic working conditions.
Job Related & Physical Requirements:
- Hold a current valid Commercial Driver’s License meeting the requirements of 49 C.F.R. Part 383.
- Expected to be able to drive the regulated hours of service in compliance with both Canada and the USA Hours of Service regulations.
- 2 years of experience with 53-foot trailers.
- Ability to perform up to one hour of crouching or bending to perform pre- and post-trip inspections in external conditions.
- Manual dexterity in order to pull pins, unhook airlines, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds of weight.
- Ability to stand, walk and move product for up to 1 hour.
- Canadian citizen with a current valid Canadian passport or Canadian permanent resident with a current valid permanent resident card. The Canadian permanent resident must be from a country that participates in the Visa Waiver Program and must have a current valid passport of their home country.
- Must be eligible for admission to the USA (i.e. clear criminal background check, clear drug and alcohol record or other grounds under section 212 of the Immigration and Naturalization Act).
- Compliance with Company Drug and Alcohol Policy, requiring pre-employment and random tests throughout employment.
- Holder of a Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card or eligible to obtain a FAST card.
- Mountain driving experience is a must
- Clear driving record and abstract.
- The ability to communicate in English, spoken and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Provide employment history and references upon request.
How to Apply
Qualifying candidates please send resumes to DriveForUs@loblaw.ca.