RSB Logistic Inc.
Posted: Nov 08, 2021
Number of Jobs: 1
RSB LOGISTIC is presently seeking a self-motivated, people-oriented individual with strong communication skills and an eye for detail to fill the position of Operation Planner in our road transport division. This position is based out of the Saskatoon office.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking transport vehicles
- Develop, maintain, and distribute Utilization Schedule (Planning Sheets) and “Trucks Available” report.
- Notify Sales, on a daily basis, of trucks available.
- Conduct a daily conference call meeting between Saskatoon and the other branches before 10:00 a.m. to discuss trucks available, upcoming loads or potential problems.
- Answer customer inquiries received by Sales.
- Assign trucks to loads while maximizing equipment utilization and profitability.
- Facilitate driver needs
- Plan and Schedule to meet reasonable driver time off requests.
- Deal with drivers on a relief basis (when a dispatcher is unavailable).
- Maximize team utilization.
- Coordinate and monitor cartage services
- Co-ordinate with maintenance department for scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all equipment.
- Provide solutions or alternatives to meet customer requirements.
- Advise and assist Sales of customer service issues.
Skills, Knowledge and Educational Requirements:
- Previous dispatching experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of PC computers and good keyboarding skills.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills within a team environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively when under pressure.
- Good understanding of TDG and DOT regulations.
- Ability to effectively manage detail and paperwork.
- Grade 12 is required although post-secondary education is preferred.
Please send resume to Johanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse
Using the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse helps support roadway safety by giving employers real-time access to information about CDL drivers’ positive drug and alcohol tests and test refusals.