10 Paid Sick Days for Federally Regulated Employees
Nov 30, 2022
Effective today, December 1, 2022, Bill C-3 requires all federally regulated employers (interprovincial/international carriers) to provide their employees with 10 paid sick days per year. Additionally, personal leave entitlements are amended to no longer include personal sickness and/or injury.
- There is no distinction based on employment status, meaning all part-time, full-time, casual and fixed term contracted employees are eligible.
- There are no exceptions based on the size of the company.
- These paid sick days do not apply to students.
- These days do not apply to provincially regulated employees.
- The employee must meet the eligibility requirements.
For more information, please ensure you are logged into your member account. Then you can access it here
We have a downloadable Training Catalogue!
Don't wait - sign up for one of our courses today and take the first step towards becoming a safer, more knowledgeable driver!