Government of Canada to remove COVID-19 border and travel measures effective October 1
Sep 26, 2022
(TORONTO, Sept. 26, 2022) -- The Government of Canada today announced the removal of all COVID-19 entry restrictions, as well as testing, quarantine, and isolation requirements for anyone entering Canada, effective October 1, 2022.
All existing measures under the Public Health Agency of Canada and Transport Canada orders remain in place until this date.
Effective October 1, 2022, all travellers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
- Submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
- Provide proof of vaccination;
- Undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
- Carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
- Monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.
The US government still needs to clarify its own position on cross-border trucking.
For more information, the Government of Canada press release can be viewed here.
Do you need a solution to reduce your work place injuries & illnesses?
Trucking Industry Certificate of Recognition
Are you looking to provide your employees with new skills? Is having a safe and employee-friendly workplace part of your company culture? The Trucking Industry Certificate of Recognition (CoR) is an industry-evaluated health & safety program recognized by the WCB and Work Safe Saskatchewan.