Cargo Securement Course
| Commercial Driver Training |
Safe practices while securing cargo can save money, jobs, and lives as well as prevent carrier profile infraction points.
- General Cargo Securement Requirements: Equipment and Methods
- Dressed Lumber and Similar Building Materials
- Metal Coils
- Paper Rolls
- Concrete Pipe Loaded Crosswise on a Platform Vehicle
- Intermodal Containers
- Automobiles, Light Trucks, and Vans
- Heavy Vehicles, Equipment, and Machinery
- Flattened or Crushed Vehicles
- Roll-on/Roll-off and Hook Lift Containers
- Large Boulders
Benefits of Taking Cargo Securement
- Heightened understanding of both Canadian and U.S. regulations.
- Awareness of best practices for loading and securing various types of commodities.
- Ability to inspect a secured load to ensure compliance.
Who Should Take This Course?
Admission Requirements and Prerequisites
There are no prerequisites for this course. Certification expires every 3 years.
Student Profile: Carriers, Drivers, and Shippers.
Language of Instruction: English
Instructor-led in-person and video conference training is offered on a calendar schedule.
Western Canada Highway News
Spring Issue 2023
News, Profiles and Reports on Western Canada's Trucking Industry